gnutls-devel

Re: Problems with specific certificate/key (Debian Bug #426013)

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: Problems with specific certificate/key (Debian Bug #426013)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:39:32 +0200

On Jan 3, 2008 2:36 AM, Marc Haber <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Simon writes:
> Appears to be an unreprodicible problem with a specific
> certificate/key which the user cannot reveal. Another certificate/key
> from the same CA works fine. Theory: could it be CRLF problems? Other
> non-ASCII characters in the file? Nothing indicates a real GnuTLS
> problem here.
> Conclusion: Likely not a GnuTLS problem.

I think that this conclusion was built too fast, but we do not have
sufficient information to know this.

The original reporter has said in the mean time that there are no
non-ascii chars in the file and that there are no CRLF issues here.
Currently, it is suspected that GnuTLS has issues with the fact that
the certificate is a wildcard certificate.

By reading this report, I'm really curious which gnutls version is used, and
whether the gnutls-serv and exim are linked on the same version of gnutls.
Does this occur if exim is linked on gnutls 2.2?

regards,
Nikos