gnutls-devel

[gnutls-dev] Symmetric cipher API

From: Sam Varshavchik
Subject: [gnutls-dev] Symmetric cipher API
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:12:25 -0500

Recently I converted some code that uses OpenSSL's EVP_CIPHER symmetric cipher API. I wrote a wrapper that mapped the following functions to their gcrypt equivalents: EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init(), EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup(), EVP_(Encrypt|Decrypt)Init_ex(), EVP_(Encrypt|Decrypt)Update(), and EVP_(Encrypt|Decrypt)Final_ex().

If you are interested, I'll be happy to contribute this code. I also thought that it's better to make this a native libgcrypt API. This should be only a matter of renaming the function names and arguments to follow libgcrypt's naming conventions, and all the EVP function become now just some lightweight wrappers (or probably even macros).