gnutls-devel

Re: [gnutls-dev] Request for goals for GnuTLS 1.7.x

From: Rupert Kittinger-Sereinig
Subject: Re: [gnutls-dev] Request for goals for GnuTLS 1.7.x
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:43:30 +0100

Simon Josefsson schrieb:
Hi!  I'm thinking about what the goals for the next development
branch, GnuTLS 1.7.x, should be.  So far this is what I have:

* Support for TLS 1.2, if the IETF TLS WG produces something useful
  within a few months.

If someone wants to work on something new in GnuTLS, now is the time
to propose it.  Of course, if you just want to suggest something, that
is appreciated too, but no promises. :)

/Simon

Hardware crypto support would be great. However, I am not sure what would be the proper way to do this. One idea would be to insert a PKCS#11 wrapper around libgcrypt that would allow using different crypto engines, e.g. opensc:

http://www.opensc-project.org

Rupert

--
Rupert Kittinger-Sereinig <address@hidden>