gnutls-devel

Re: [gnutls-dev] Re: living without global variables

From: Rupert Kittinger
Subject: Re: [gnutls-dev] Re: living without global variables
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:49:49 +0100

Werner Koch schrieb:

Unloading Libgcrypt is not possible unless all users agree on shutting
down all threads (but one) using Libgcrypt, restoring all hooks and
releasing all secure memory.  Libgcrypt can't detect such a condition
and this is the reason we don't provide a deinit function.

Probably I am missing something here, but I think "this is the reason the library does not _call_ the deinit function but only provides it so
the main thread can release all resources" would also make sense.

I would really appreciate this functionality (valgrind, etc...).

If you do not want to merge this functionality, how about adding it to the library in a contrib directory?

cheers,
Rupert

--
Rupert Kittinger <address@hidden>