Re: Cutting a release?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Cutting a release?
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 17:29:34 -0500

Could someone post the schedules for Debians releases or, at least, let us know where to look for this information?   I don’t know where a reliable source for this information is.  All too often we plan a release only to find out we are too late.  Knowing the schedule so we can plan accordingly would be quite useful so that Debian doesn’t remain months or even years behind us.

GC

On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 4:43 PM Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> wrote:
В Tue, 01 Jan 2019 16:24:29 +0100, Gürkan Myczko написа:

> I think it would be great to have that new release for the next Debian
> release which is going to happen soon:

I believe it's too late for that.  GUI would need its SONAME bumped which
would mean we'll have to do a transition, but the transition freeze is on
12th Jan.