Re: How do I build one test?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: How do I build one test?
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:50:31 +0000

On 22 Mar 2018, at 17:29, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 22 Mar 2018, at 17:00, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> In any case, gnustep-tests is a fairly small shell script ...  if really
>> stuck you could just hack a copy of it to add the 'messages=yes'
>
> I looked, and it turned out to be a tiny alteration to run make with
> 'messages=yes' when gnustep-tests is invoked with the --verbose option, so I
> did that;  it seems to me the correct behavior for verbose mode.

Thanks, I’m debugging the new ABI and so I need to see the exact compiler
invocation to fix compiler bugs.  I am now in a state where I have as many
-base tests passing with the new ABI as with the old (just in time to head out
to a wine tasting in college!), up from about 2,000 more failures this morning.
 I have only one big change and a few small ones as old ones left to do, and
then a lot of code cleanup and finish documenting the ABI.

-base is broken in all sorts of exciting ways if extended type encodings leak
into places that expect traditional ones (I have fixes for most of them, but
fixing the runtime to not leak them is probably better!).

David