Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 01:55:23 +0000

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Daniel Ferreira (theiostream)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be “appropriate” for me to be a mentor per se,
> but if anyone wants to continue work on GS+WebKit I’ll be more than willing
> to work closely with them, and semi-closely if it’s anything else.

Hi Daniel,

I don't think that's inappropriate as far as GNUstep is concerned.

GSoC says you merely have to choose which option you'd prefer.

Can you write a blurb that we can ask GNU representatives to put on
the ideas page? See summer-of-code mailing list archive for examples.

> (I haven’t discarded doing a second GSoC but given some medium-term plans
> I’m not really sure I’ll be able to do it.)

Let's sit one weekend to help me reproduce your build steps. (I don't
recall at this point; maybe you left good enough documentation that I
could do it myself, but maybe it's better if we sit down and make this
easily reproducible.)