Re: Compilation error/ARC link errors...

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Compilation error/ARC link errors...
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 07:15:06 +0000

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 02:34 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 01.08.2017 um 04:49 schrieb Gregory Casamento <address@hidden>:
>
> I'm getting the following with gcc, I don't have ARC turned on, obviously:
>
> ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `objc_arc_autorelease_count_for_object_np'
>
> ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `objc_autoreleasePoolPush'
>
> ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `objc_arc_autorelease_count_np'
>
> ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `objc_autorelease'
>
> ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `objc_autoreleasePoolPop'
>
> ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `_objc_class_for_boxing_foreign_exception’

Hi Greg,

could you please provide a bit more information? Which code are you compiling?

This was base.

Master from GitHub?

Master.

Which compiler version are you using? gcc 6?

GCC 6

Which ObjC runtime are you using?

The built in one in gcc.

And are the ObjC runtime headers the ones from the runtime you link with?

I believe they are.

And most important, are there any warnings from the compilation?

Not sure.

I would expect this to be caused by a mix up of ObjC runtimes. Perhaps left over headers while you switched back to the gcc runtime.

I'll take another look and try again.  I thought I cleaned everything.

Thanks GC

--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/