Re: [Debian GNUstep maintainers] request for help: oolite

From: Nicolas Boulenguez
Subject: Re: [Debian GNUstep maintainers] request for help: oolite
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 20:22:48 +0200

On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 10:32:08AM +0000, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> I will assume you wanted to send this to the list, and I will also cross
> post this onto gnustep-dev.
Right.

> The curious part is "it works locally, but not on buildd" which you
> mentioned earlier in the thread. Is the compiler different remotely? Does
> it reproduce with the same compiler?
Sorry, the mail you refer to was confusing because of implicit and
maybe erroneous assertions.

I have built 1.82-2.deb locally, tested it and it did not freeze.

After I have uploaded the source, the buildds have produced another
1.82-2.deb for amd64, the only binary available now.
Nothing proves that the build chain was the same there, but this is
very probable beause I use pbuilder with "apt-get update".
I have not tested the .deb at the time.

Now, any version freezes unless run in the debugger:
* 1.82-2 from the archive, built by a buildd
* 1.82-2 rebuilt locally
* 1.84-1 built locally

Please send me a carbon copy of your answer to the list.