Re: current repository status

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: current repository status
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 00:32:02 +0200

Hi,

Gregory Casamento wrote:

We could even provide a mirror back to gna. The only consideration is
that the FSF doesn't like github because it's nonfree. This is NOT a
position I agree with.

although I'm not fond of neither github nor git, it is a position I don't agree with either. Free software is defined by the software itself, the way you can use it, modify, distribute it.

It is more something philosphical I think. Like having free software running on "non free" OSs. We wouldn't require you to access github to use our software of course, since regular tarballs would be provided.

Open for discussion though.

For me, I'd stay with SVN, just move it back to savannah to have things in a unified place.

But that's my 2 cents.