Re: Using XCTOOL

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Using XCTOOL
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 12:54:57 -0400

Maxthon,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:42 AM, ChanMaxthon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it favorable for us to build a clone of xcodebuild?

One already exists.  It's in dev-libs and dev-apps.  The dev-libs
portion is a library called XCode and the dev-apps portion is the
front end called "buildtool."

It is not 100% complete, but can build most xcode projects.  Feel free
to contribute to it.  If you have any questions about it please ask
me.

> Maybe we don't use Objective-C for now (Java or C# initially) but that can be
> a start of a development
> environment more friendly to existing OS X and iOS developers that is tied to
> Xcode by Apple.

I'm wondering why we should use any language other than ObjC.

GC
--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/