Re: Thread IDs on BSD

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Thread IDs on BSD
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:31:27 +0200

Hi Richard,

On 2015-03-31 11:48:53 +0200 Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't have BSD systems to test on, but I've added code which should
report
the BSD thread ID of a thread in NSLog output, and also modified the
-description method of NSThread so that it should report thread name
and is
as it does on OSX in the form '<NSThread: 0x....>{name = X, num = Y}'
Please could anyone with BSD systems have a look at the latest code
in svn.

As an easy way to check ... the regression test in
Tests/base/NSThread should
print the description of a thread in its log output.

I just tried on NetBSD. configure fails, here an excertp:

checking alignment of pthread_cond_t... 4
checking for pthread_join in -lpthread... yes
./configure: /Local: permission denied
./configure: $CURRENT_GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/: permission denied
checking for pthread_getthreadid_np... no
checking for pthread_main_np... no
checking for sched_yield in -lrt... yes
checking for nanosleep... yes
checking for usleep... yes
checking for Sleep... no
checking for objc_root_class attribute support... not present
checking for pthread_set_name_np... no
test: ==: unexpected operator
checking for pthread_setname_np() variant... netbsd

two tests seem to fail, but in config.log I don't see the error. It looks configure is trying to execute. something in the wrong place because a variable is empty.

I don't find the "==" test in config log either.

Riccardo