Re: New GNUstep releases for base and gui?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: New GNUstep releases for base and gui?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 11:14:53 +0000

On 20 Mar 2015, at 22:29, Gregory Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

> BTW, one thing I've been thinking of doing lately is creating "rpm"
> and "deb" repositories so that we can distribute our own packages in a
> fashion similar to how the mono project does.

It's been a while since I ran Linux, but I found this kind of thing from
upstream to be highly counter-productive.  The dependencies are always subtly
wrong in the third-party repos (because different distros name things slightly
differently, even between forks from the same base) and it reduces the
incentive for distros to create their own packages.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II