Re: GNUMail crashes

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GNUMail crashes
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:30:13 +0000

Have you tested this by creating a new non-constant NSString object, printing out its -retainCount, using it as a key for NSMapInsert(), then printing out its -retainCount again? (Or overriding -retain and observing if it is called?)

Relevant code seems to live in 'NSConcreteMapTable.m' and 'GSIMap.h'.

On Mon Sep 29 2014 at 9:34:48 AM Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> #2  0xb73318cc in NSAllMapTableKeys (table=0x8208cc8)
>     at NSConcreteMapTable.m:180
> #3  0xb7ed1d92 in number_of_unread_messages ()
>     at ApplicationIconController.m:176
further questions.

It looks to me that the crash happens because the "key" is not a valid
object anymore.

Here it seems to me that the cacche contains notifications as keys and
the userInfo as contents (see folderlistCompleted).

First question: does NSMapInsert retain the keys? should it perhaps and
it is not doing it? That would at least explain the crash.

Riccardo