Re: drawTitle:withFrame:inView... should it return NSRect...

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: drawTitle:withFrame:inView... should it return NSRect...
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:26:02 +0100

Note that changing from void return to struct return will change the parameter
order (the first integer argument register will be the return address, not the
receiver), which will break the ABI.  We'll need to bump the so version if we
do this.

The GNUstep runtime will give you a warning / error (depending on how it is
compiled) if you have headers and implementations mismatched for this.  The GCC
and Apple runtimes will corrupt your stack.

David