Re: [bug #41125] -make documentation is un-installable

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: [bug #41125] -make documentation is un-installable
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 20:49:09 +0100

Am 08.01.2014 13:11, schrieb Niels Grewe:
> In fact it’s very, very easy to switch the documentation to using the
> present (not yet installed) configuration: You just have to set
> GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES=../ at the beginning of Documentation/GNUmakefile.

After evaluating this more closely, it's indeed very good:

- First time I see HTML documentation installed.

- .info documentation is installed again.

- Usage of DESTDIR works fine.

- Unless the documentation installation process is changed drastically,
  makefile fragments in the source dir always share their hierarchy
  with the installed ones. That's how documentation.make works.

- Cleaning works fine.

- Build time for the whole thing almost cut in half (one run of
  configure instead of three).

- About 40 lines of complicated code removed.

The only minor problem not solved is, "make -C Documentation distclean"
_without_ configuring previously errors out (instead of doing
nonsense before).

Patch attached. It adresses Richards concerns in comments.

Markus

--
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter