Re: Intermediate Summary: Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Intermediate Summary: Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 17:52:00 +0100

Am 07.01.2014 15:13, schrieb Stefan Bidi:
> The first step for anyone new to GNUstep, after they realize the distro
> supplied packages are sorely out-of-date, will be to compile it using the
> standard compiler/runtime supplied to build GNUstep.

I'm working on this to make this "first step" obsolete. Because I think
time is invested much better in building new packages than in debating
on how to work around the old ones.

First results are here:

https://launchpad.net/~mah-jump-ing/+archive/ppa

Not flawlessly, yet, because the old packaging interferes a lot with
recent sources, but I'm continueing. With some luck, a recent
gnustep-make is available tomorrow, which should act the same way as if
you had compiled/installed it by hand.

Currently it uses gcc/libobjc, switching to clang/libobjc2 should be
straightforward.

Markus

--
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter