Re: Android (Was: Cross-compiling GNUstep?)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Android (Was: Cross-compiling GNUstep?)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:08:52 +0000

On 30 Dec 2013, at 16:32, Doug Warren <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now would also be a good time to mention imp_implementationWithBlock()
> requires filesystem access and assumes that you can call getEnv("TMP") to get
> the write directory.  I think someone here reimplemented it as mmap/mprotect
> but I haven't had a chance to check on it yet.

On Android, this can probably use anonymous shared memory regions, or if
Android doesn't use W^X we can just use fallback code that maps the memory in
the same place for read and execute permission.  Given Android's typical
attitude to security, option 2 would probably work.

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103