Re: Possible bug in NSDocumentController

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Possible bug in NSDocumentController
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 12:41:45 -0600

El mar, 24-12-2013 a las 11:23 +0100, Wolfgang Lux escribió:
> Hi Germán,
>
> > Is this correct? (line 1218 NSDocumentController.m)
> >
> > name = [[NSBundle mainBundle] localizedStringForKey: type
> >                                    value: type
> >                                    table: @"InfoPlist"];
> >

> > Don't should be NSHumanReadableNameKey the first "type".
>
> looking at Apple's documentation for the -displayNameForType: method (which
> contains your code excerpt) [1], I'd say the implementation is correct. The
> documentation contains an example showing how to provide a name for a file
> type called '
> BinaryFile' and it states that
>  you could provide a descriptive name by adding an entry in the
> InfoPlist.strings file:
>  BinaryFile = "Binary file format";
> so the lookup should indeed use type for the key argument.
>
> Wolfgang
>
> [1]
> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSDocumentController_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSDocumentController/displayNameForType:

Well, I'm having a problem in Windows with WinUXTheme when the type is
an array. For example:

NSHumanReadableName = "Text Document";
NSUnixExtensions = ( txt, TXT );
NSDOSExtensions = ( txt, TXT );

In this case:

[dc displayNameForType: type];

where type is "txt, TXT", return the same string not "Text Document", as
expected. But no idea where is the problem.

Germán.