Re: Preliminary Debian packaging support

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Preliminary Debian packaging support
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 08:02:27 +0200

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 07:33:56AM +0200, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> Good morning!

Yeah, reading emails while drinking my first coffee !

> On Friday, September 20, 2013, Philippe Roussel wrote:
>

> > Before I test this, didn't you forget to commit
> > deb-equivs-control.template ?
> >

> Added!
>
> I've also kept on working and it turns out I overcomplicated by adapting
> the file enumeration taken from nsis.make. I also did not package
> everything that needed to go inside /GNUstep/System, conveniently dropping
> 'Additions/base.make' and 'Additions/gui.make'. I replaced the enumeration
> with a simple 'find', and I ensured all files get copied into the package.
>
> I'm still working on some issues with locating libraries, and I'll commit
> the updated stuff soon.

Great, thanks for your work. This could be a great way to offer fresh
deb packages to potential users, even if those packages aren't
entirely debian compliant.

Philippe
--
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds
the universe together.