Re: New release of the gnustep-base library please test trunk

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: New release of the gnustep-base library please test trunk
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:56:49 +0100

On 23 Jul 2013, at 18:11, Quentin Mathé <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Le 12 juil. 2013 à 09:16, Richard Frith-Macdonald a écrit :
>
>> I'd like to make a new release of gnustep-base in the near future.
>> We have a big patch needing merging in which will introduce binary
>> incompatible changes, so this would probably be the last significant release
>> in the 1.24 series, and would be 1.24.5
>> The 1.24.5 release will provide quite a large number of minor bugfixes,
>> particularly on 64 bit platforms.   This version includes checking of
>> printf-style format string arguments when building using clang, and should
>> be free of any faults detected by the clang static anlyser.
>> I'd like it to be a version we can confidently advise people to use, so
>> please could people download and test base from svn trunk as much as
>> possible during the next few days.
>
> With today SVN r36916 for libobjc2 and GNUstep Base compiled with Clang 3.2
> on Linux x86-32, I get the following results:
>
>   7834 Passed tests
>     21 Dashed hopes
>      3 Failed tests
>
> The failing tests are:
>
> base/NSNotification/basic.m:
> Failed test:       decoded object equals the original
> Failed test:
> /System/Library/Makefiles/TestFramework/ObjectTesting.h:265 ... decoded
> object equals the original
> Failed test:       Object 0 of class 'NSNotification' copy and original are
> equal

Thanks .
I've not seen that test failure before.  It looks like the -isEqual: method
(inherited from NSObject) is failing, which is really strange.
Please could you investigate (eg run under gdb to see what's going on), to see
if somerthing strange is being linked in or if there's a compiler bug, or
something else?