Re: Textview problem

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Textview problem
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 00:00:28 -0600

Hi Wolfgang,

On 2013-07-23 01:20:18 -0600 Wolfgang Lux <address@hidden> wrote:
I had a look at this yesterday evening. The problems show up only in Gemas.app because of the way you make use of the highlighter kit, namely that highlighting is applied in the drawRect: method. When you scroll to the end of the document, the gui uses the current size of the document to determine the visible rectangle. The drawRect: method will be called only at the end of the event loop when the document rectangle has been chosen. The problem now is that highlighting changes the font of some characters from regular to bold, which means that some lines will get wider (at least if a non-proportional font is used). Since lines are soft wrapped, this may change the height of your document and so the visible rectangle may no longer correspond to the bottom rectangle of your document. To fix the issues with Gemas you should make sure that highlighting is applied more early to your documents.

Thanks for the info, I will see how do this.

Wolfgang

PS Since Geman uses soft wrapping, you should hide the pointless horizontal scrollbar in your document windows.

Done.

Thanks.