Re: Still getting the following failure...

From: Vincent R.
Subject: Re: Still getting the following failure...
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 20:06:43 +0200

Le 19.07.2013 19:36, Vincent R. a écrit :
Le 18.07.2013 17:06, Vincent R. a écrit :
Le 18.07.2013 17:00, Vincent R. a écrit :
Le 18.07.2013 04:51, Gregory Casamento a écrit :
 Creating Gorm.app/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist...

plmerge: Uncaught exception (null), reason:
-initWithBytes:lenth:encoding given nul bytes

I have reported it in a previous message but nobody cares ...

See my second message entitled : compiling GNUstep with clang, in my
first message I wrote that I had some errors
than I have understood I needed to compile libc++ then in my second
message I had a crash inside plmerge :

I am copy/pasting :

if [ -r "libgnustep-back-023Info.plist" ]; then \
  plmerge libgnustep-back-023.bundle/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist
libgnustep-back-023Info.plist; \
fi
plmerge: Uncaught exception (null), reason:
-initWithBytes:lenth:encoding given nul bytes
Aborted
make[3]: ***
[libgnustep-back-023.bundle/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 134
make[3]: *** Deleting file
`libgnustep-back-023.bundle/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist'
make[2]: *** [libgnustep-back-023.all.bundle.variables] Error 2
make[1]: *** [internal-all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vincent/objc2cs/gnustep/core/back/Source'

I tried to debug but ut's not easy because even if I have stripped
libobjc2 I generally end up inside all the objc
machinery, however at the end I think the problem comes from the
NSString with utf8 because the last line before the crash is inside
NSPathUtilities

 if ([c count] > 0)
    {
      /*
       * The dictionary should be empty ... report problems
       */
      fprintf(stderr, "Configuration contains unknown keys - %s\n",
[[[c allKeys] description] UTF8String]);
    }

The problem seems to be the UTF8String...
I tried to put a breakpoint inside but it didn't work.
During my first build attempt there was a message about missing local
en_EN-8859 or something like that but I don't manage to get this
message
again so maybe it could come from that.

Actually I was wrong the problem is not inside UTF8String but before,
the last line I can debug is inside
descriptionWithLocale, then gdb doesn't manage to show me GSPropertyListMake

- (NSString*) descriptionWithLocale: (id)locale
                     indent: (NSUInteger)level
{
  NSString      *result = nil;

GSPropertyListMake(self, locale, NO, YES, level == 1 ? 3 : 2, &result);

  return result;
}

Instead of debugging maybe there is nothing wrong in the code but just the files doesn't exist ... Stopping to investigate and I wait for someone to write a very good guide about how to compile GNUstep with clang.
I have already spent too much time on this.