Re: NSClassSwapper leaving dangling pointers?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: NSClassSwapper leaving dangling pointers?
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 10:37:40 -0400

Fred,

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 26.06.2013 um 13:36 schrieb Gregory Casamento <address@hidden>:

NSClassSwapper is only unarchives for those objects which have custom class object replacements.  So it should only replace the cells of those objects not for all objects in the archive.

I think it replaces all cells while it is active, for a popup button that would include the cells of the menu, but I may be wrong here. You see the code, I work from memory.

I will verify this, but I can say that NSClassSwapper's intent is to be unarchived as the proxy of one object and to return the "real" version of the object during the unarchiving process.
As far as the menu item using itself as a target that I am not sure of.  I remember seeing this myself.  I'll investigate further and see if I can determine why.

Not itself, the cell of the popup gets used as the target, Wolfgang Lux cleared this one up already.
Oh, okay.  Cool.

GC
--
Gregory Casamento