Re: Another simple reversing of OS X Foundation and CoreFoundation

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: Another simple reversing of OS X Foundation and CoreFoundation
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:10:48 +0200

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:26:02 +0800, Maxthon Chan wrote:
$for fmwk in Foundation CoreFoundation; do class-dump
/System/Library/Framework/$fmwk.framework -H -o ~/Developer/$fmwk;
done

And I got a set of class dump of Foundation and CoreFoundation of OS
X. And examining the files I think I found something:

What is important for GNUstep, is API compatibility.
What matters to me is ABI compatibility with OS X.

Neither former, not latter(!) is actually affected by how Apple internally decided to implement (Core)Foundation.

So if you'd like to help CoreBase, I'd recommend contributing code instead of suggesting to drop the existing code :-)

--
Luboš Doležel