Extending gnustep-tests for .c and .cc files

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Extending gnustep-tests for .c and .cc files
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 20:50:11 -0500

I'd like to extend gnustep-tests to be able to test .c and .cc files.  The obvious reason is because I'd like to be able to independently test -corebase without having to link against against -base.

I had took a peak into gnustep-tests.in and started preparing a patch.  I tried to create a patch but have not been successful in making it actually work.  To be honest, after a few hours of looking at the script, I haven't been able to figure out exactly how it works.  I figured the run_test_file() and build_and_run() are the correct place to build c and c++ files, so I extended these (instead of trying to screw around with the GNUmakefile.in).  Attached is my failed attempt at patching gnustep-tests.

Could someone more familiar with the script give me some pointers to finish the patch?  I believe I'm 50% there already, but I just don't understand enough of what is happening in gnustep-tests to take it the rest of the way.

Stef