Re: [RFC] Cambridge Hackathon

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: [RFC] Cambridge Hackathon
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 17:11:32 +0100

On 11 Apr 2013, at 08:58, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:

> How does the first  half of the first week in July sound (1-3rd, Monday,
> Tuesday Wednesday).  I can try to find accommodation for people for then, and
> optionally for the weekend before if people want to hang around then.

I've been chasing college accommodation, but it's proving difficult (still
waiting for one college).  The term ends the preceding week and most students
are still allowed to keep their rooms for the following weekend (and parents /
friends are taking all of the empty ones for graduation parties and so on).  It
looks like accommodation becomes a lot easier if we start on the Wednesday and
run through to the Sunday, or if we shift to a week later.  So we have three

1) Keep the current dates and I'll try to find guest houses / hotels for people.
2) Move to the 3rd-5th of July and then stay for the weekend for punting and
suchlike
3) Move to the 8th-10th, with people arriving on the 7th or 8th (Richard on the
5th or 6th for the open day)

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11