Re: GModel support

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: GModel support
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:03:15 -0400

Maxthon,

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 7:25 AM, Maxthon Chan <address@hidden> wrote:
Sorry for my confusion. And I think since Cenon is no longer depend on that, then I think GModel can be even safely removed.

Yes, it should be removed because it is incomplete.  No other app relies on it.  Gorm does not edit gmodel files at all it only allows you to load them and save them as gorm files.

However on the other hand, is it possible to allow Gorm to directly use Apple's xib and nib files

Gorm can load nib files from after 10.2 up to 10.5.  After this nibs are "compiled" and thus it becomes necessary to read XIB files.  Gorm can't currently edit XIB files, but GUI CAN read them and GUI can also read compiled nib files.

as well as allow ProjectCenter to directly use Apple's xcodeproj bundles?

No, this isn't something that's being done at the moment, but it's a possibility.

As well as provide those Xcode command line tools, including xcrun, xcodebuild and like?

There is a tool called buildtool which does this.  It allows you to build xcodeproj files directly without building intermediate GNUmakefiles.   xcrun doesn't currently exist in GNUstep, but it is trivial to write.

I'm not certain how all of these additional questions effect gmodel files.  I think you just asked them because you were curious. :)

At any rate, please trust us, gmodel support can be removed without causing any issues with your project.

GC
--
Gregory Casamento
(240)274-9630 (Cell)