Re: Cenon 4 with latest GNUstep and 64 bit

From: A. Arias
Subject: Re: Cenon 4 with latest GNUstep and 64 bit
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 20:09:59 -0600

El sáb, 13-04-2013 a las 10:56 +0200, Fred Kiefer escribió:

> I would expect that this issue isn't related to Cenon. The line in NSBox
> that causes this is:
>
>         NSSize borderSize = [theme sizeForBorderType: _border_type];
>
> I would expect that it is the specific theme you are using that is
> causing the problem. Most likely the theme still uses a wrong signature
> for the sizeForBorderType: method and the runtime detects this and tries
> to do some magic in the background, but falls over its own feet for what
> ever reason. I would suggest to recompile the theme and fix any compiler
> warnings you see in that process.
> As for the runtime issue, somebody has to come up with an idea what the
> signature "@\005\233" is supposed to mean and why it crashes the runtime.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Fred

This is with default theme. And this is a fresh GNUstep installation
after upgrade my system some days ago. I add:

NSLog(GSStringFromBorderType(aType));

in NSBox at method -setBorderType: to see the type of border. When compile I
get:

 Compiling file NSBox.m ...
NSBox.m: In function '-[NSBox setBorderType:]':
NSBox.m:130:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
'GSStringFromBorderType' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
NSBox.m:130:3: warning: passing argument 1 of 'NSLog' makes pointer from
integer without a cast [enabled by default]
/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/Foundation/NSObjCRuntime.h:146:18: note:
expected 'struct NSString *' but argument is of type 'int'
 Linking library libgnustep-gui ...

Why? This function is declared in GSTheme.h that is included in NSBox.m.
If I launch Cenon I get:

address@hidden:~$ openapp Cenon
2013-04-13 20:09:07.657 Cenon[21985] NSGrooveBorder
unknown type �
�Aborted