Re: NIB loader problem

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NIB loader problem
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:57:09 +0100

On 09.03.2013 20:11, Fred Kiefer wrote:
On 09.03.2013 19:58, Fred Kiefer wrote:
As you can see the problem is order dependent. In your case it may help
to move some of the decoding steps around. But this isn't a general
solution. The non-keyed unarchiver has the method:
- (void) replaceObject: (id)anObject withObject: (id)replacement

That would allow the NSCustomView initWithCoder: method to replace
itself early on, but there isn't anything similar for keyed coding.

I was wrong in the last two paragraphs. We later added the
-replaceObject:withObject: for the NSKeyedUnarchiver. This method just
needs to be used by NSCustomView. I will test that later on with a lot
of NIB files to see whether there are other issues with that solution.

Committed, please give it a try.

Richard,

I think we should move the -replaceObject:withObject: method for the NSKeyedUnarchiver over to base. If this page here is correct:
https://github.com/Musixmatchdev/ObjectiveHeaders/blob/master/Headers/iPhoneOS6.0.sdk/Foundation/NSKeyedUnarchiver.h
Apple has that method as well.