Re: Tooltips in save panels

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Tooltips in save panels
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 01:53:07 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:09:22 +0100, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

I am no expert here, but the behaviour in base matches the documentation. If this does not result in the desired effect, we will have to use a different way. And maybe the solution is as simple as adding that timer for the modal panel mode as well.

I just added the line

[[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] addTimer: timer forMode: NSModalPanelRunLoopMode];

to GSTooltips.m (plus the required includes) and now tooltips work even in modal panels. There are a lot more places in gui where we use a timer and most of them would benefit from a similar change. The question is, are there any downsides to this change and which places should be adopted? And most important: Should we really change this during the code freeze that is currently in place on gui and back?

That is good news. Wolfgang mentioned also the cursor not blinking, do you remember?

Abut the code freeze, I don't know: the change looks rather harmless, you just add another timer. I do not know about adverse effects it could have. When do you remove it?
It it looks harmless as it is, I'd put it in.

Riccardo