Re: Problem with tabViews in Renaissance

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Problem with tabViews in Renaissance
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:55:04 +0200

On 14.10.2012 07:33, Germán A. Arias wrote:
Using Renaissance with gnustep update to svn, the tabviews don't work as
expected. Just run the tabview examples to see the problem.

I am able to reproduce this problem here and the reason seems to be a side effect of the changes Greg committed a few days ago. Now when adding the first item to a tab view this item gets selected by calling the proper method. Before that the code just set the selected item index, which is now gone (Or rather should be gone but isn't). If we remove this call things are back to normal. Calling that method results in the frame of the tab view item being set to the, still negative, content bounds of the tab view. This also happens on Apple and Nicola has a comment and a workaround for this in his Renaissance tab view code. But for some reason that workaround isn't sufficient for GNUstep. Looking more deeply into the Renaissance code I now understand that sizeToFitContent gets called for NSTabView at the end of the unarchiving. And the code there looks OK, still it results in wrong values for the subviews of the tab items. Most likely it's the negative size that we assign to some views in between that is causing the problem. But at the moment I don't see an easy way to resolve this.

Fred