Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29139 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSSlider

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29139 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSSliderCell.m
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 22:29:18 +0100

The change to setMinValue: and setMaxValue: surely are correct and the
addition of setObjectValue: is just great. What I don't understand is
why the method setDoubleValue:,  setFloatValue: and setIntValue: had to
be implemented. The default behaviour (calling setObjectValue:) should
just do the right thing.
Sadly this is not true for setStringValue:, where the current GNUstep
implementation on NSCell has a short cut which doesn't call
setObjectValue:. This should be corrected instead of having a separate
implementation here.

What should be the default value for isContinuous when the cell is just
created? When we get that right we may not have to set that value when
dearchiving, as it will get archived as action mask by the super class.

As for the commit access a simple mail to Adam should be sufficient to
get that. A line in a commit comment wont help. Who is supposed to read
that?