away on holiday

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: away on holiday
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:24:41 +0100

I will be away from 19th July to 17th August, visiting relatives in Ireland and New Jersey, and while I'll probably be able to deal with ermail intermittently, I certainly won't be able to do any major work on GNUstep.

So, I've just made a new bugfix release of the stable branch of the base library (version 1.16.3) and put it on the ftp site, so the latest changes are available. The noteworthy features are changes so that methods of the base library should all work if they are given arguments which are proxies to remote objects (this needed for Riccardo Mottola's FTP.app) and working code for handling the new string encodings added in MacOS 10.5.