Re: DO compatibility with Apple DO

From: Jiva DeVoe
Subject: Re: DO compatibility with Apple DO
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:18:37 -0500

Hmmmm - now that's an interesting idea...

But how to differentiate between identically named classes on GNUstep vs Mac OS in the bridge server?

Would also be pretty slow too I'd bet.

On Nov 26, 2005, at 9:56 PM, Sheldon Gill wrote:

Jiva DeVoe wrote:
Yeah, the problem is, you'd have to be SURE Apple was using the XML format for all DO operations - and I'd bet you couldn't do that.
Oh well.
Again, sorry for bringing up a topic that's in the FAQ.

Actually, although quite a challenge I think it should be possible get a reasonable degree of inter-operability by installing a daemon on MacOS which will do GDO over the wire and call out to PDO...

Regards,
Sheldon

--

Jiva DeVoe

http://www.devoesquared.com

PowerCard - Intuitive Project Management for Mac OS X