Re: [RFC] Header reorganization finish up

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header reorganization finish up
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:02:07 +0200

David Ayers wrote:

- I didn't move all private headers to the source directories. I'll explain why tommorrow. (Need sleep!)

Very late but here it is for the record: The privat headers I didn't move into the source directory:

-base:
DisributedObjects.h: The header must be found by target specific files like mframe.h which would require extra -I flags if we moved it into the Source directory and included it via "DistributedObject.h" instead of "GNUstepBase/DistributedObject.h.

config.h: If we moved into Source we could find config.h there before we found it in the target specific directory as we include it like "config.h".

thr-mach.h: As stated before, this will have to be public when compiling for non-*-gnu-* until we can loose the dependancy in NSThread.h and NSLock.h.

-gui:
config.h: see above.

But again, some headers exported by gui may be privat to -back so please be careful when relying on them.

Cheers,
David

PS: I just commited some cleanups (files that weren't correctly removed from cvs, files we still meant to remove or file that got inserted even though they shouldn't have).

-base:
   * Headers/Additions/GNUstepBase/preface.h: Remove generated
   file that should have been ignored by entry in .cvsignore.
   * Source/UnixFileHandle.m: Remove obsolete file.

-gui:
   * Headers/gnustep/gui/*.h/*.h.in: Remove headers moved in header
   reorganization on 2003-07-31.
   * Headers/Additions/GNUstepGUI/GSVersion.h: Remove generated
   file that should have been ignored by entry in .cvsignore.