gnunet-developers

Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUNET_PROGRAM* option evaluation does not work

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUNET_PROGRAM* option evaluation does not work as expected
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:09:34 +0000

Christian Grothoff transcribed 3.3K bytes:
> On 3/13/19 10:29 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> > Christian Grothoff transcribed 3.0K bytes:
> >> We should just deploy a Git hook to reject pushes if they contain tabs
> >> in .c or .h files, that should work as a minimal fix, right? -C
> >
> > No leading tabs, No trailing whitespace,
> > and no tabs at all?
> > Or simply no tabs?
> > I can arrange that either before or after the 18th (more likely after).
>
> I'd say no tabs at all (in C code or texinfo), no trailing whitespace
> (also not in C, Makefile.am, ChangeLog, texinfo, etc.).

By the way: the lack of tabs in texinfo is a non-optional.
Somewhere in the source I wrote about this breaking or
leading to unreliable output if tabs are in texinfo.
We could write C as obscure oneliners, but for texinfo some
input elements like tabs lead to output problems.