gnunet-developers

[GNUnet-developers] portable shell scripts

From: ng0
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] portable shell scripts
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 17:05:52 +0000

Hi,

I'm in the process of making a larger commit series to almost all of our
shell scripts in the source.
Rationale behind is that I noticed that we use little to none bashism,
and where we do it makes sense to replace it with more portable code.

I might intentionally or unintentionally break code while doing so,
once you see the patches landing please check if ALL tests are
running as they used to do. If we're going to keep the bash dependency
it will just be for a handful of files, mostly in contrib.

I've added a couple of tools I use personally to the top-level
Makefile. For 'checkbashism' I need to commit another patch
which simply tells you to install the perl script if it isn't
found. Since this is distributed as part of debian developer-tools,
I don't think we should bundle it.