gnunet-developers

Re: [GNUnet-developers] Towards a new formalized release policy

From: Mike Mestnik
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Towards a new formalized release policy
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 19:33:39 -0500

This is great, there are several issues I had working with GNUNet that
existed entirely because there were no current releases.

There are a few things to consider above simply having regular releases and
that's handling changes that are incompatible with previous releases.  I
would wager this will make LTS releases impracticable or impossible.

Things to consider for a new release are API changes and of course protocol
changes.  The project ideally would avoid making ABI changes while not
making API changes.  I would hope that adopting release goals would make
out of tree applications easy or easier to maintain.