gnunet-developers

Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-guile reboot & guix

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-guile reboot & guix
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 00:45:46 +0000

Ludovic Courtès transcribed 1.0K bytes:
> Hello,
>
> Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > I restarted from scratch the gnunet-guile bindings. It was made
> > much easier thanks to the work of ng0 on gnunet documentation and
> > guile-bytestructures to handle C structs and unions.
> >
> > You need guix from today with latest guile-bytestructures 1.0.1.
> >
> > You can get the code using the following command:
> >
> >    git clone git://gnunet.org/gnunet-guile2.git
>
> Thanks a lot for giving it some love!
>
> Perhaps we should retire the repo at
> <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/gnunet.git/>?
> (The ‘wip-monad’ branch might be of interest though.)
>
> Ludo’.

I think both Amirouche as well as myself (and gnunet.org) have a
copy of the old code base. If I understand savannah hosting
correctly 'retiring' just means making it read-only, so that
would be alright.
Development happens on gnunet.org and future releases will be
placed on the GNU Ftp folder of gnunet.

Our mailinglist at gnunet-developers is open for patches
(no sign-up required) and whoever wants to help developing
it can get push access (of course Amirouche has to decide on
this project, etc).

Eventually we should remove the old repository
https://gnunet.org/git/gnunet-guile,
or rename the current one (gnunet-guile2).

That is my position. I'm not working on this right now,
Amirouche does.
--
ng0 :: https://ea.n0.is
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 :: https://ea.n0.is/keys/