gnunet-developers

[GNUnet-developers] gnunet-guile reboot & guix

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-guile reboot & guix
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:23:00 +0100

Héllo all,

I restarted from scratch the gnunet-guile bindings. It was made
much easier thanks to the work of ng0 on gnunet documentation and
guile-bytestructures to handle C structs and unions.

You need guix from today with latest guile-bytestructures 1.0.1.

You can get the code using the following command:

   git clone git://gnunet.org/gnunet-guile2.git

You can install a recent-ish gnunet using the following command:

  guix package -f guix.scm

Then, you can do usual cli dance:

  ./bootstrap && ./configure && make

Ahem, now it's time to run gnunet services. I put together
gnunet configuration that might not be very good even if it
works. For instance, it seems like gnunet manages to reach
the outside world. It's based on configuration files found
in gnunet distribution:

  gnunet-arm -c etc/p2.conf -s

At this point you will be able to test the bindings.

To publish a FILE, use the following command:

  ./pre-inst-env ./gnunet-guile publish etc/p2.conf FILE

To download the above file into OUT, you need to copy paste
the gnunet:// URI from the previous command output and execute
the following command:

  ./pre-inst-env ./gnunet-guile download etc/p2.conf URI OUT

That is all!

There is no support for identity and various stuff are missing.
There might be memory leaks and other issues (like proper disjoint
types for pointers). I just finished the code.

I think I need to know what's the plan/design for gnunet/guix
integration to continue.

TIA!