gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] gnump3d from Apache

From: Aaron Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] gnump3d from Apache
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:22:15 -0500

David Campbell wrote:
Scott Vickery wrote:
I have a question that is perhaps not totally gnump
related, but, certainly related.  I am guessing I can
do this, but, just don't know how yet.  Instead of
running gnump3d and Apache on different ports, I would
like to have gnump3d run from a web page.  That is, I
want my home page to have a link that goes to the
gnump3d streaming app.  In the end, I would like to be
able to get to my home page and music all from port
80.  I know they can't both listen on port 80.  Any
ideas on how to do this?  The reason is, most ports
from here at work are blocked.  80 is one of the few
that is open.
One way to do this would be to to use mod_proxy to proxy the requests to gnumpd on port 8888.

It's also possible that you could tell gnump3d to listen to the https port, which I think is 443. If your work is allowing port 80 (http), they may also allow the https port. Assuming you don't need to use https for any of your regular web service on that system, of course, you can just tell apache to stop listening on that port and use it for gnump3d.

 - Aaron

--
Aaron Brown :: address@hidden :: www.thebrownproject.com