gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] gnump3d, foobar2000, id3v2, and UTF-16LE

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] gnump3d, foobar2000, id3v2, and UTF-16LE
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 22:25:56 +0100

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 05:00:53PM +0000, Justus Pendleton wrote:

> The gnump3d::mp3info library appears (although I may be wrong) to simply be a
> repackaged version of MP3::Info from a while back.

  Yes, packaged to avoid dependencies and to allow me to ensure that
 the package is compatible with my code.  It's not great, but when
 working with different platforms it doesn't seem to be too bad
 an approach.

> then I reindexed everything and all the tags appeared properly.  Any chance of
> getting a fix for this into gnump3d, either use the system MP3::Info or update
> the bundled gnump3d::mp3info?

  Good job in tracking it down, and letting us know.

  I've upgraded the packaged version and it will be in the next release.

  Hopefully that will be very soon, becaues there's still a strange
 '/info/' bug from the last release I made before going away for a
 few weeks.

  It seems like you're sorted for the moment, if anybody else has
 similar problems the CVS repository has been updated now.

Steve