gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] Indexing problem

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Indexing problem
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:24:21 +0100

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:14:33PM +0100, Clemson, Chris wrote:
> Hiya, I hope this hasn't been asked before but the mail archives don't seem
> to be working too well atm.
> (search works, but browsing months doesn't).
>
> It's a great program but i seem to have having problems with the index.
> When i start it up, it complains:
>
> /var/ftp/mp3/mixes/test2 encountered
> a second time at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/File/Find.pm line 542.
>   Indexing complete.
>
> i use symbolic links in the mp3 directory, which might be causeing the
> problem.
> even though it says indexing complete, i think it's lying as it happens too
> quickly, and the search function always reports "no results found".
> I guess its just aborting when it finds this linked file.
> is there any way to get it to either ignore the 2nd occurence of a
> directory/file or just list it in with the others? (of course this would
> probably create duplicate entries in a search, but that doesn't bother me
> too much).

  two simple suggestions, change the following line in gnump3d-index:

         find({ wanted => \&findAudio, follow => 1 }, $root);

  to:

         find({ wanted => \&findAudio, follow => 0 }, $root);

  And see if that helps?

  Failing that please try using:

         find({ wanted => \&findAudio, follow_skip =>2 }, $root);

  I'm sure that one or other will help, but sadly I can't tell which
 in advance!

  Report back?

Steve
---
Edinburgh System Administrator : Linux, UNIX, Windows
Looking for an interesting job : http://www.steve.org.uk/