Re: [Gnumed-devel] Refreshing the active problems list within the Notes

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Refreshing the active problems list within the Notes tab
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:26:40 +0000

On 2012-11-07, at 7:49 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 04:46:46PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>>> When creating a patient, and after I created two health
>>> issues (in the EMR tree, using contextual right-click on the
>>> "EMR of …" ~ handle, these two health issues were listed
>>> in the top left of the Notes plugin when I set focus on the
>>> Notes tab.
>>>
>>> However, after I went back to EMR tree and added another
>>> problem, this problem did not appear when I went back to the
>>> Notes tab.
>>
>> By default, new health issues are inactive.
>
> Newly *entered* health issues, that is.
>
> Whether that's a useful default can surely be decided upon
> among users (for which this list may serve as a medium).

Setting aside that GNUmed under X11 under Mac OS (as I am presently using it)
mis-sizes the wx windows as a result of which the status checkbox is out of
view when I create a new health issue...

… my decision to create (input) a health issue associates to a likelihood to
want to input some information in a note.

My own inclination would be to default new past history / health issue items as
Active, which allows to be unchecked during creation and allows to be unchecked
at some later time if it is no longer wanted for these to appear in the Notes
listing.

Possibly this is because I am using GNUmed as a partial EMR, in which I am not
inputting *all* past history items. Still, I am attracted to the clinician
having to make the decision to remove items from listings, rather than
requiring them to add items to listings.

-- Jim