Re: [Gnumed-devel] Autocompletion

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Autocompletion
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 11:36:08 +0100

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 07:04:24AM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> built in keyphrase replacer can expand to single prefixed
> text. This has limited utility. consider this scenario. You
> start typing jaundice . You are offered four to five
> different options .

You can define the following phrases, each with a keyword
like, say:

$jaundice1 -> jaundice, painless progressively increasing
$jaundice2 -> Jaundice, painless progressively increasing with cholestatic
symptoms
$jaundice3 -> Jaundice, painless fluctuating and so forth

Then if you type

        $jaund

and press CTRL-M you will be presented with a menu of the
above to select from.

I agree this is not auto-completion. I also agree this could
be improved.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346