Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to display your results

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to display your results
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 07:11:13 -0700

On 2011-07-08, at 3:13 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>>> You can even enter pre-result min/max (as they will depend
>>> on the methods used).
>
> In clin.test_result.
>
>> But how can you pre-enter (and save) min / max without providing a value for
>> one among val_num and val_aplha?
>
> You can't. Only along with a value.

I still don't understand what is

        You can even enter, in in clin.test_result, the pre-result
        min and max (as they will depend on the methods used).

Yes, I know the reference range will depend on the methods used. But what is
pre-enter if you cannot save the pre-entry any earlier than when the test
result is actually available.

Are you talking about the tab order? Meaning that the widget will accept the
reference range values (without saving) and you can keep the dialog open and
you can "later" (provided you did not leave this patient) input the measurement
and *then* save the value? To me, this seems true always in any input widget so
clearly I am not understanding what is being said ! :-)

-- Jim