Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to display your results

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to display your results
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:44:08 -0700

On 2011-07-07, at 2:53 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Anyway, you got my point I guess.
>
> (In case you didn't: there WILL be fields which cannot be reconciled)

There is also a counterpoint…

just because two use cases do not have identical information needs should't
(automatically) necessitate split tables. Otherwise, we would have one table
for numerical test results, and another table for non-numerical (alpha or
string) results, but this we did not do… we allow some rows to use some
columns, and not others, and vice versa.

It is a matter of degree, I understand that too. It is perhaps for such a
reason that documents have been factored out into a different table supporting
blobs. Sometimes, a decision point is practical (/ financial), sometimes
conceptual, hopefully seldom ideological.

ACK (I presume) :-)

-- Jim