Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database

From: Nicolas Barbier
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:05:23 +0200

2011/6/28, Slappinjohn <address@hidden>:

> Currently I'm writing a little tool for importing icd10 codes supplied
> by health department or WHO into a database. Finally it should end up in
> a little code-search-plugin for gnumed.
>
> For not rewriting it for every country I just wanna know how these data
> are supplied in your country.
>
> In Germany we can choose between plain text ASCII (not very usable,
> because not well formated) and an xml-like ClaML (Classification Markup
> Language, maybe this is kind of a standard?)

In Belgium, the government distributes a file containing "IBUI" codes
that are localized (French and Dutch) "shortcuts" to one or more
ICD-10 and/or ICPC-2 codes.

The ICD-10 portion is an XML file that starts as follows:

----8<----
<Root>
        <ICD_10>
                <ICD_10_Code>A00</ICD_10_Code>
                <NL_Description>cholera</NL_Description>
                <FR_Description>choléra</FR_Description>
        </ICD_10>
        <ICD_10>
                <ICD_10_Code>A00.0</ICD_10_Code>
                <NL_Description>cholera door Vibrio cholerae 01, biovar
cholerae</NL_Description>
                <FR_Description>choléra à Vibrio cholerae 01, biovar
cholerae</FR_Description>
        </ICD_10>

It can be downloaded from:

<URL:http://www.health.belgium.be/eportal/Healthcare/Telematics/Certification(para)medicalsoft/GeneralMedicine/index.htm?fodnlang=nl>

(Click on the link that says "Thesaurus v3.1"; changing the language
on that page to anything but NL or FR results in an uninformative
page.)

Nicolas

--
A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q. Why is top posting bad?