Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter types� defaults, and setting per-encounter

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter types… defaults, and setting per-encounter
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:43:05 +0200

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 06:47:08PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>       GNUmed > Preferences… > EMR… > Encounter… > Default type
>
> 2) presently, when about to activate a new patient, the encounter scenarios
> are:
>
> (a) the target patient is silently activated, because
>
>       - there existed no still-open encounter
>               --> encounter of type default is silently created
>
>       - or the open encounter's run-time lies outside the global
> "user-to-confirm nag interval"
>               --> encounter of whatever type existed gets silently continued
>
> (b) or the user must (via prompt) decide whether to continue an open
> encounter, or whether to create a new one

That's right.

>       GNUmed menu > Preferences > EMR > Encounter > Edit on patient change

This makes (should make) GNUmed show the encounter editor
before leaving a patient record. I modified the text to say
as much.

It still won't do so if the encounter in question

        - does not have narrative
        - does not have documents
        - AOE is not empty and duration is not zero
        - importing documents was the only action taken

If, under those circumstances, it still won't show then
that's a bug.

> (iii) is "Edit encounter on patient change" user-specific or praxis-wide?

User specific.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346